Injury. Rehab. Pre-Game. Post-Game.
Orthopedic Bracing with
Respond... with ThermoTherapy
Sports Teams & Athletic Trainers
Athletic Trainers now have a versatile tool that delivers combined therapies of cold/heat and compression. The ThermoActive line of orthopedic bracing features removable cold or heat therapy and most come with compression built in to the brace. This makes it easy to apply cold to help reduce inflammation and pain1-5 or heat for warm-ups or rehab. In addition, the ability to add compression allows the ThermoTherapy Gel Pak to contour precisely to the affected body part.
Now teams can conveniently ice on the sidelines, between innings and after the game…right on the bus.
For heat, simply warm the removable gel pak in the microwave.
ThermoActive bracing provides mobile support plus cold, heat and compression. Perfect for pre-game heat, post-game ice and compression, and it’s all built into an orthopedic brace.
ThermoTherapy Team Products
A great tool for athletic trainers, Themotherapy team products:
- Promote movement and exercise
ThermoTherapy can speed recovery, which is so important to athletes, by helping to improve range of motion and facilitating an early return to mobility.7,9
- Reduce the need for pain medications and NSAIDs,4,11,12
As a natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic for pain relief,4,5 ThermoTherapy provides an alternative for athletes wanting to reduce their consumption of pain medication and does not carry the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding associated with NSAIDs.
Benefits of ThermoTherapy:
- Cold without the Cord
ThermoActive braces provide cold without the cord or any other restrictions to mobility. Unlike cold machines, which have been shown to cause ice burn and frost bite, ThermoActive ensures gentler and slower cooling that dissipates with use.
- Helps to restore range of motion8,9
By improving range of motion and facilitating an early return to mobility,7,9ThermoTherapy orthorpedic braces address the problem of limited motion, which has been identified as a hospital acquired cause of re-admission.
- Portable ThermoTherapy promotes mobility
ThermoTherapy bracing is designed to promote mobility while providing cold, heat and compression.
The Therapeutic Role of Cold, Heat and Compression
- Cold relieves inflammation and swelling,1-3 sprains, strains, muscle spasms and tears of muscles, ligaments & tendons. It also reduces edema1-3 and promotes healing.7,8
- Heat improves range of motion,13-15 provides an analgesic effect for pain relief4,7,11,12 and relieves muscle spasms. It increases circulation to help remove debris and waste products, increases oxygen and nutrients to the area, which promotes healing, and increases cellular metabolism, capillary permeability and muscle & connective tissue extensibility to facilitate stretch.
- Compression tailors ThermoTherapy to the individual for a uniform fit with patient control. It promotes alignment while providing the ThermoTherapy gel pak with superior joint or muscle contact.